Kolob Reservoir & Terrace
Kolob Reservoir spans 250 acres and has phenomenal waterside campgrounds and many recreational options. The water is surrounded by towering aspens and evergreens and is a prime fishing location for Bear River cutthroat, Colorado River cutthroat, and Rainbow trout. The weather is cooler at the reservoir due to the higher elevation and is popular in the summer. Kolob Terrace is stunning in the fall months and makes a wonderful family drive and adventure!
Address: Kolob Reservoir, Virgin, UT 84779
From SR-9 in Virgin, turn at Kolob Terrace Road and continue north for 23 miles.
- There are restrooms and garbage receptacles available.
- Recreation on the reservoir includes: swimming, fishing, canoeing, kayaking, and pedal boating.
- There is a boat ramp to aid in access to the reservoir.
- Fishing can be done from shore or on a boat.
- Anglers are allowed a daily possession limit of two trout under 15 inches or more than 22 inches long.
- The reservoir is accessed by dirt road and might not be accessible during winter.
- There are no fees required to access the reservoir.
- Cell service is very spotty at Kolob.