The Temple Quarry Trail offers a leisurely walk featuring lava rocks, gorgeous views of the valley, and glimpses of pioneer history. The trail ends at the Temple Quarry site where Utah Cotton Mission Pioneers mined stone and carried it by wagon to the temple for construction. This trail is popular at sunrise and sunset for the light casting off the rock and illuminating the surrounding mountains. The trail is family friendly, easily accessible, and makes a perfect family adventure.
Address: 300 S Donlee Drive, St. George, UT 84790
- This trail is 2.5 miles roundtrip and takes roughly 1.5 hours to complete.
- The difficulty is rated easy.
- There are no restrooms available.
- Dogs are welcome on this trail and must be leashed.
- Bikes are allowed on this trail.
- There is no fee for this trail.
- Pack plenty of water! There are no water sources available.
- Expect full sun exposure and dress accordingly.
- The terrain is mostly flat and suitable for children.
- There is a long picnic table at the quarry that’s perfect for a picnic or a snack.
- Expect to see views of Green Valley, Red Mountain, Snow Canyon, and other glimpses of the valley.