Johnson Canyon Arch
Located in Snow Canyon State Park, Johnson Canyon Arch offers stunning views of the Red Mountain and leads to a massive arch that spans 200 feet (one of the largest in the area). The hike offers a variety of terrain including dried lava rock, a flat and dry stream bed, and shaded canyons. This hike is gorgeous in the early mornings before the heat settles in and the air is crisp and refreshing. The arch is perfect for exploring, relaxing, picnicking, or just checking out!
Address: Johnson Canyon Arch Trail, Ivins, UT 84738.
Use this map for directions.
- This out and back trail is rated easy and is 1.8 miles round trip. Most hikers take roughly 1 hour to complete the hike.
- Restrooms are available at the ranger station and in various parking lots throughout the park.
- Dogs are not allowed on this trail.
- There is no permit required to hike this trail.
- This trailhead is right before the pay booth, but there is a $15 fee per vehicle to enter Snow Canyon State Park ($10 fee for Utah residents).
- This trail is closed from March 15- October 31st every year to restore the endangered habitat. Check with the park rangers to confirm.
- There are no water sources available at this trailhead.
- Expect full sun exposure and be prepared with plenty of sunscreen, water, and protective layers.