Quail Creek Reservoir
Quail Creek State Park is home to some of the warmest water in Utah and is a paradise for swimmers, boaters, fishers, and campers. The lake spans 600 acres and is up to 120 feet deep, which is the perfect habitat for rainbow trout, catfish, crappie, and largemouth bass. The weather is mild year-round and is popular for water sports. Swimming in the lake is refreshing, clean, and perfect for a day spent relaxing on the beachfront. This reservoir is often quieter and less crowded than the neighboring Sand Hollow reservoir. Quail Creek offers a gorgeous sanctuary to soak up the Southern Utah charm and enjoy life on the lake!
472 N 5300 W, Hurricane, UT 84737
- Quail Creek is a state park and is operated by the state parks department. Refer to their website for contact information, park updates, or for additional information.
- DIG Paddlesports Shop is on location and offers rentals of kayaks, paddleboards, PWC’s and other water equipment. The shop also sells snacks, beverages, and other necessities for a day of fun on the lake.
- Mad Moose Rentals offers boat and jetski rentals on the lake as well.
- The park is open year round. Hours vary based on season.
- Day fees are: $15 per vehicle for locals, $20 per vehicle for visitors.
- Camping is popular at Quail Creek! Check this website for fees and reservations.
- Campsites included shaded areas, firepits, picnic tables, and hookups.
- Modern restrooms are located around the lake.
- Shoreline has day-use picnic areas with tables.
- Dogs are welcome at Quail Creek State Park.
- Pack sunscreen! Southern Utah gets extremely hot in the warm months. Drink plenty of water and reapply sunscreen often to avoid heatstroke.
- Boat decontamination is not required or offered at Quail Creek. Sand Hollow, 6 miles away from Quail Creek, offers decontamination free of charge.
- The beaches at this reservoir are quite rocky. Be sure to pack camp chairs if you want to avoid sitting on the rocks!
- The park is less busy during the week. If you’re looking for a more serene and secluded experience, try visiting Monday-Thursday.