Maxwell Park invites a tranquil environment for family events, outdoor activities, leisurely picnicking, and spectacular views. The park is surrounded by looming vermillion mountains, including the majestic El Capitan. Maxwell Park is situated in the south back area of Zion’s National Park. The fresh spring water is one of the main attractions of the park and is maintained in a clean way to provide fresh mountain water to local residents and visitors.
Branching off from the main park are numerous hiking and walking dirt trails. These trails are perfect for nature walks, casual hiking, and adventuring. Both sunny and rainy weather creates an unforgettable experience! Whether it’s solitude or excitement you’re seeking, Maxwell Park provides the perfect landscape.
Location: 1750 Maxwell Parkway, Hildale, UT 84784
Use this map for directions.
- Amenities at Maxwell Park include:
- Picnic areas including charcoal barbecues
- Baseball field
- Basketball court
- Fire pits
- Large grassy areas
- Fresh spring water taps are located near the baseball field.
- There are large trees throughout the park that are perfect for hammocks.
- Cell service is spotty or nonexistent.
- There is no entrance fee. All are welcome!
- Dogs are welcome and should be on a leash and properly cared for.
- Maxwell Park is often reserved for events, concerts, reunions, weddings etc. To check in advance if the park is reserved, or to make a reservation yourself, reach out to Hildale City at 435- 874-2323.
- Please be respectful of the environment and clean up all garbage and other messes. Leave the park better than you found it!
- Local tip: stop by Finney Farms near the entrance to Maxwell Park for fresh cheese, ice cream, snacks, and other picnic food.