Gunlock State Park is home to sparkling tranquil water, fishing, boating, picnicking, swimming, and exploring. Located 15 miles outside of St. George, Gunlock Reservoir is a popular alternative to the other crowded reservoirs in Southern Utah. One main attraction in the spring is Gunlock Falls, a network of rushing waterfalls contrasted with the vermillion rock and desert sagebrush. The lake spans 240 acres and has relaxing sandy beaches and rock formations for cliff jumping.
Address: Gunlock Reservoir, UT 84783
Use this map for directions to Gunlock Reservoir.
- There is a fee to enter this state park. Check this website for rates and to pay online.
- There are 30 campsites (no hookups). The fee is $35 per night. The sites are first come, first serve.
- Kayak and paddle board rentals are available at the entrance to the park.
- The park is open year round, from 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM daily.
- There are restroom facilities at the park.
- Pack plenty of water, snacks, and sunscreen if you plan on spending time on the lake.
- A large portion of the lake is designated for swimming only.
- Dogs are welcome at Gunlock State Park as long as they are on a leash.