Kodachrome Basin State Park
Kodachrome Basin State Park is characterized by 67 monolithic stone spires that exemplify the beauty and awe of the Bryce area. The vermillion rock formations tower against blue skies and the color array is a photographer’s dream. Visitors can explore the state park by hiking, horseback riding, and mountain biking. One of the most iconic portions of the park is the Grosvenor Arch, an impressive double arch that is amazing to witness. Kodachrome is very popular for stargazing and astrophotography as well! Don’t forget to check out the Milky Way and other constellations in this International Dark Sky Park.
Address: Kodachrome Basin State Park, Cannonville, UT 84718
- State parks require a fee upon entrance. For rates and more information, check out this website.
- There are three campgrounds available for those who are seeking camping accommodations.
- The state park has bunkhouses available to rent with restrooms and showers.
- Kodachrome Basin offers a full-service laundromat.
- The visitor center has snacks and beverages available for purchase, but the state park is close to Bryce Canyon City for more dining options.
- There are e-bikes and mountain bikes available to rent at the park with helmets provided.
- Other amenities include:
- Group camping areas
- Picnic areas
- RV dump station
- Hiking, biking, horseback riding trails
- The park is open year-round from 6:00 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Dogs are allowed in the park but must be kept on a leash.