Angels Landing Trail
Angels Landing is one of the most popular hiking destinations in Zion National Park and is globally regarded as a top hiking destination. The hike is iconic and well-known for sections of the trail such as Walter’s Wiggles and the last half mile chained portion with steep drop-offs on both sides. Hikers that reach Angels Landing are rewarded with 360 degree views of Zion Canyon. The cliff exposure is very dangerous and can be slippery, especially when wet. Please use caution when hiking this trail!
Address: Angels Landing Trail, Hurricane, UT 84737
- This trail is 4.4 miles out-and-back and is considered strenuous. There elevation gain is 1,604 feet.
- Most hikers take anywhere between 2-4 hours to accomplish this hike.
- From 2022, all hikers must obtain a permit. Rangers may ask to see permits at the beginning of the trail. Check outthis websitefor more info on permits.
- Dogs are not allowed on this trail.
- There are restroom facilities at Scout Lookout.
- Pack plenty of water and snacks for this hike!
- This trail is not suitable for children.
- There have been 13 known deaths from falls occurring at Angels Landing since 2000. Please be cautious and hike responsibly!
- There are no fees required for this particular trail, however, there is an entrance fee into Zion National Park. Check out this website for details.